Wednesday, April 16, 2008

From Runway to Red Carpet of Hong Kong Film Awards

I was impressed this year with the volume of big name designers sponsoring the red carpet at the Hong Kong Film Awards. Just a few years ago actresses were dressed by local designers, but now they are all decked out in the most current trends, which really says a lot about how far Asia has come in terms of being in the spotlight for both film and fashion in the international realm.

Charlene Choi 蔡卓妍 in Gucci

Shu Qi 舒淇 in Valentino

Zhang Jing Chu 張靜初 in Valentino

Kate Tsui 徐子珊 in Fendi

The trend here, although in a multitude of colors, seems to fall into the princess category, with a fitted busts and full, billowy bottoms.

My favorite of the bunch was worn by Charlie Yeung 楊采妮, in a beautiful green halter dress with a delicate cut-out in the front.


I know I've seen this design before, but I can't remember who the designer is, so if you do, please let me know! I think what struck me most about this dress is that it's actually very simple, but the lines look great on her body. It also reminds me a lot of the infamous green dress worn by Keira Knightley in "Atonement," which I obsessed over for months even before I ever saw the film. Just the lovely draping, and the showing of the back, makes this the ultimate modern dress in my book, and much more intriguing than all of those fairytale gowns.


Source & Source & Source & Source & Source & Source

No comments: