Monday, April 21, 2008

Jackie and Jet kick ass

Early reports show that the Jackie Chan/Jet Li martial arts film "The Forbidden Kingdom" was #1 at the US box office, bringing in $20.9M.


I personally can't wait to see this film, seeing that I was practically raised and bred on Jackie and Jet's classics, even while growing up in the USA. The only thing that bugs me about the plot of the movie was when I first saw the early trailers, I was a little put off by the premise in the beginning, which involved an American teenager who goes back in time to China to embark on this adventure. He screams in the trailer that he's from South Boston. I really have to say, South Boston is the cliché of all clichés in movies nowadays. There's more to Boston than Southie, ok? I mean, Southie's been referenced in both "Good Will Hunting" and the "The Departed" to death. Anyhow, I digress...

The latest trailer looks absolutely gorgeous and opulent. They definitely put a lot of investments in this film, so I hope the story is as good as it looks.



The Forbidden Kingdom - now playing

Source

No comments: