Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hello, World!

Sorry for the lack of posting, but currently been very busy helping my friend with her upcoming wedding, and I've also been sick for the last few days, thereby skipping work and lying in an empty house with my dog, wearing a long robe and drinking hot water, making me feel like a 70-year-old grandma fending off the baddies (this wretched un-cold-like cold). Having slept 16 hours last night has also made me a wee bit out of it, so I will try to write as much as possible before the next bout of slumber hits me.

Anyhow, was surfing the web when I came upon this very happy website that is sure to please the senses. I especially love that I can keep this site open in the office at work as a window to the outside, esp. on a cold and cloudy day.


SoftBank is a telecommunications and media company in Japan, and although I confess I don't understand the true reason for this site, I love the ingenuity and whimsical factors, not to mention the amount of work that must have been put in. If you go to their website and click on Enter, you will instantly be transported to a park full of activity. Salarymen, young couples, children, even women in aerobics gear (!) all get their groove on while playing with their cell phones, sunbathing, just enjoying the nice day. Gentle sakura blossoms blow by as people lay passively, and sometimes along with the Katamari-trance-like music, clap in tune.

I let the site scroll for a good 5 minutes, and the layouts of the park and people are always different. It's like watching the live-action version of the Sims, albeit without the ability to control them. My favorite characters have to be those people moving their butts side-to-side. I love those wacky Japanese!

No comments: