Friday, April 4, 2008

I feel pretty...

In about 3 weeks, I will be walking down the aisle, not for myself, but as maid of honor for one of my best friends from college. After a lot of drama and stress, I can't believe that her big day is coming up right around the corner, and despite the god-awful wintry snow showers we're getting now, maybe by then, the clouds will have lifted, the warmth will have arrived, and she will have the most perfect day that any bride could ask for.

For the last two days, I was running around malls looking for the perfect pair of shoes to go with this gorgeous chiffon dress that I will be wearing. While dress-hunting, the bride-to-be's only mandate was that we all chose dresses from the same color palette, which was coral. I opted for a long, billowy, romantic dress, with exquisite beading and shirring that flattered every curve, nook and cranny. The scintillating peachiness is yummy on the skin, but what kind of shoes would go best with it? I'd originally thought I would get silver shoes, but after I tried some on, the starkness of a white shoe up against a warm fabric didn't jive, so gold felt like a better option, although I really didn't like the hard, bright golds that were out there. Then, I came upon the perfect compromise. I found a pair of matte gold fabric shoes, low-heeled, with two rows of delicate crystals all across the top, which I came across quite serendipitously at Macy's. What I also loved about these shoes were that they had an ankle-strap, which is added support for a long day, so that's it, this is my MOH uniform. What do you think?


I still have to think about additional accessories, such as a delicate purse, and jewelry to go with the whole ensemble, but I'm quite excited for her, in terms of how we will all look together as a bridal party. Most of the other girls will be wearing a shorter, more casual dress, but I love my gown, I absolutely felt like a princess in it. I hope to feel the same way about that ~other~ dress one day, whenever that is. :p

David's Bridal Spaghetti strap long chiffon dress with beaded empire waist, wrap included - $150

Karen Scott Betina Evening Sandals - $49 (sold out online) - Photo Source

No comments: