Monday, April 28, 2008

Julianne the Muse


Julianne Moore was recently featured in the May 2008 issue of Harper's Bazaar, and while the newsstand cover was deceptively generic, subscribers like me had a more alluring cover that hinted of the gorgeous photos inside. Open it up, and you will see a photo shoot inspired by world-famous artworks. I love how the spread came out, and I really think Julianne was able to capture the spirit of each painting in her own unique style.


My favorites include Madame X, by John Singer Sargent (one of my all-time favorite artists; his work is gorgeous in real-life, check it out at the MFA), and for some reason the photo of her as Degas' dancers really tickles my fancy.


If you also pay attention, I feel like the color palette of the photos cover all the colors of the rainbow. :)


This is definitely a beautiful collection of photos.

Source & Source & Source & Source

No comments: