Tuesday, April 29, 2008

crystal diva


I'm only halfway through "War of In-Laws II" (野蠻奶奶大戰戈師奶) and while the first 7 chapters felt forced and rushed, the characters are slowly growing on me, and the storyline is less muddled now.

The one thing I was excited about watching this series were the stylish fashions all the characters would wear. (The plot was loosely based off of "The Devil Wears Prada.") A full designer wardrobe was furnished for all the major characters, and in this day of globalization, just because you see it on a character in Hong Kong doesn't mean you can't buy it in the States.

From what I gather, some of the sponsors for this series include Valentino, ck Calvin Klein, Hermès, Armani, YSL, Heidi Slimane, and of course, Louis Vuitton. I'll try to cover those pieces in a later post, but what I was really drawn to was all the great jewelry that Myolie Wu 胡杏兒 got to wear. I read the credits in the back and discovered that Swarovski sponsored all of her jewelry, so of the key pieces that I thought looked the most stunning, here they are.

Cloe Pendant

Cherry Blossom Necklace

Claw Crystal Satin Pendant

Born Pendant

Stonehenge Pendant

I usually wear very dainty pieces myself, but I love how Myolie was able to show how easily it was to incorporate very substantial pieces into every day work clothes, and not look too ridiculous or loud about it. There was a very tender balance here in not overdoing it, and letting the jewelry sparkle for itself. I am so inspired I might pick up a few pieces myself!

Swarovski Cloe Pendant, gold-plated - $115

Swarovski Crystal Cherry Blossom Necklace - $330

Swarovski Claw Crystal Satin Pendant - $260

Swarovski Born Pendant - $85

Swarovski Stonehenge Pendant - $95

Source & Source

No comments: