Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"It" girls can be normal, too


Sienna Miller is in the July 2008 issue of Elle UK, promoting "The Edge of Love," a new film co-starring Keira Knightley.

The only film that I've ever actually seen Sienna in was "Casanova," co-starring the brilliant Heath Ledger. That was actually a delightful romp, and considering how Sienna's real-life reputation as a party girl preceded her as an actor, I was pleasantly surprised by her performance.

Anyhow, she has a nice, edgy pictorial in the magazine.


The interview centered a lot on her private life, including her love for her boyfriend, who she's reportedly dumped since this went to publication. :P

My favorite part of the interview has to be the tidbits about her hanging out with Keira doing normal stuff. Who knew they both had such an obsession with food?

Her performance as the dark, sex-obsessed, hard-drinking depressive Caitlin is remarkable, particularly bearing in mind she was drafted in two weeks before filming started, when Lindsay Lohan dropped out.

‘I freaked out,’ she says. ‘I had absolutely no time to do all the research I wanted, so a lot of the acting was instinctive. I loved the idea of Caitlin and I loved the idea of working with Keira. I was actually pretty nervous about acting alongside her because my part required me to put on weight. I just stuffed my face for the months that we were in production. It wasn’t hard for me. We were staying in this incredibly eccentric Welsh manor house. I had huge fry-up breakfasts, pasties for lunch and lots of toasties.

‘Then I had to face seeing myself alongside Keira, who is the most beautiful woman in the world. Luckily she is also one of the nicest. We totally bonded on the movie and it was so amazing to find a girl friend in this business. We are actually quite similar.

‘She has said I’m the confident one because at parties she’s very shy and I’m loud. But we just have different ways of dealing with nerves. She goes quiet and I go all effervescent.’ She shakes her head. ‘In Hollywood they don’t know what to make of us because we both drink and smoke and eat. Keira completely shares my obsession with food and cooking. We’re actually on for a cook-off at some point. The competition is pretty tough.'

Since the movie finished, Sienna has been round to Keira’s for ‘one of her infamous Sunday lunch parties’. ‘Keira has this amazing wooden table that everyone just carves anything they like into, from their names to pictures,’ she says. ‘It’s totally vandalised and completely amazing. She’s also a great cook. I did annoy her last time, though, by going home fairly early. Out came all the guitars and I stood up to leave. She was like, “But Sienna, you’re the party girl. You can’t leave.” It’s true. I’m usually the one forcing everyone else to stay up and do mad things like run naked on the beach or wait for the sun to rise, but I also need sleep. When I’m working, I turn into OhmyGodIhavetogotobed woman.’

Click below to see Sienna's behind-the-scenes of her cover shoot.



Source

No comments: