Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bracelets for a Cause #1


Fashion empire heiress Margherita Missoni is on a mission to help save the orphans in Africa, and she is doing so by collaborating with designers to create one-of-a-kind pieces. Every few months, a new item will be for sale, one version that is more luxurious and expensive, and the other version a more mass-produced, less expensive piece. Proceeds benefit non-profit organization OrphanAid Africa.

I wish I knew about this sooner, as I really LOOOooooove the Lux Limited Edition version ($640) of this Ileana Makri-designed bracelet, which is comprised of pink gold, diamonds, and moss silk. It is already sold out on Yoox, but I found that I can buy it from Colette, if I didn't mind paying extra for the dollar-to-euro conversion as well as shipping! I have a weakness for anything that is pink/rose gold (loved it before it was trendy way back when), as I think it looks lovely on any skin tone. I ~might~ consider buying it from Colette, as I think the design is stunning (the oval shape of the pendant was inspired by an African fabric pattern), and it is for a good cause! The normal edition ($240) of this bracelet isn't too shabby either, but who doesn't love their wrist to be covered in diamonds? I would take 30 diamonds over 1...hehe...


Anyhow, I emailed customer service, but I'm sure they'll tell me it's all sold out. I will have to ponder the Colette option, or maybe I'll just wait to see what other fun pieces will be added to this cause. Stay tuned...


Source & Source

No comments: