Monday, June 2, 2008

another glimpse of Marilyn

New never-before-seen footage of Marilyn Monroe and Clark Cable will be up for auction on June 21. Filmed by an extra who was on the set of "The Misfits," the last film that both stars appeared in before their deaths, I'm sure that a lot of ppl interested in movie memorabilia will be thinking about bidding on this rare footage.



I have been a fan of Marilyn Monroe since I was introduced to her life story back when I was only about 9, 10 years old. By then, she could've been another forgotten starlet, but even though I had never seen her films at the time, flipping through a book of early Norma Jeane Baker photographs that was lent to me, I became enthralled with this enigma who showed so much promise at the tender age of 19. Her beauty and tragic life has always intrigued me, in that she came from a broken family paved with mental issues to make herself the star that she became. She married smart men, when she could have married rich, handsome, or powerful. I recall seeing her early photos, when she had her normal, open smile, and read how she was taught to only smile "seductively," which gave way to the birth of the sex siren. My favorite photos of her are still when she smiles openly, rather than when she's putting on the sensuous, Jessica Rabbit pout. Of course, she didn't just charm me, she charmed the world, but the fact the she can defy time to still be in our minds, to still intrigue us to this day speaks volumes in terms of that intangible power she has over us.


Source

No comments: