Thursday, June 26, 2008

Oceanic Airlines Flight 815 found in...Spain?!?

I don't talk about this at all, but "Lost" is one of my favorite TV shows of all time. In fact, I follow the series very closely, and after each episode, I always read up on the latest theories, and it's such a cerebral show with a great cast and acting and storyline that I can't stop watching it. I guess I don't blog on it much 'cause it doesn't really allow for a lot of fawning in terms of their wardrobes or soundtrack or whatnot, as I'm not aiming to discuss Kate's hair, or you know, Sawyer's hair, for that matter, but whatev.


Anyhow, here in the US, we don't really do much to promote the show. The actors aren't rock stars by any means, the ratings have fallen, and with an end running date of 2010, fans are just counting down until the whole series is over, when all the answers have been revealed (we hope). That's why I was tickled by this promo for the show's 3rd season in Spain. It's just so cool!


OK, maybe no one really wants to see the tail end of a plane that appears to have crashed, but the setting looks really great, even if there's not much context there if you know nothing about the show. Just for reference, the whole scenario behind the series is that this plane crashed onto an island, and the survivors have to figure out how to get off the island and go home. From there, mayhem ensues! This is why seeing this tail here is so significant to the show.

Set in the Atocha train station in Madrid, the fictional Oceanic Airlines plane was built by 20 people in 600 hours. Plopped into the garden area of the station, which with all of its tropical greenery, this setting really evokes the feeling of a jungle.




I won't be heading to Spain anytime soon, but if you're a fan of the show, and you'll be there through the summer, go check it out, as I believe it will be exhibited there until September.

You can watch a video of how the plane was put together and installed at Bungalow25's website, which is the agency behind this promotion.


Source & Source

No comments: