Friday, July 11, 2008

over excessive use of the word "love" in this post


I've been trying to catch up on my TVB viewing (one of my guilty pleasures, as no friends of mine even watch them anymore!), and the series I'm currently watching is "The Seventh Day" (最美麗的第七天). I'm halfway through the series, and although I accidentally read a spoiler (D'oh!), I'm still enjoying the series. The parts w/ Bosco and Natalie are way too goofy, but I loved the build-up of the romance between Niki and Kevin.

Anyhow, I am also in love with the two theme songs for the series, esp. the duet between Kev and Nik. Several months ago, I wrote about how I hated Kevin's solo main theme...I really thought it was horrendous. But after multiple exposure, it is now in my good graces. I think the music has a nice, moody, haunting feel to it, so it's not so bad.

Kevin Cheng 鄭嘉穎 - The Most Beautiful Seventh Day ("The Seventh Day" theme) 最美麗的第七天 (最美麗的第七天 主題曲)


Here is the same song sang by Vincy Chan 泳兒. I'm not sure which version I like more...she's an ok singer.



As for the duet...LOVE IT!!!!! I can't stop listening to it. The chorus, the chorus, I luuuuuuv the chorus! Will a CD version ever come out?!? Why doesn't TVB do the smart and obvious thing and release all of these songs on a CD/DVD package? I would buy them all up!

Kevin Cheng 鄭嘉穎 and Niki Chow 周麗淇 - Embracing the Air 抱著空氣


For the music critics out there, I know, I have very simple taste in music...haha...these aren't mind-blowing audiophiles, but I appreciate a good melody, one that I can just hum or sing to. Sometimes, good music only needs that. So anyhow, enjoy these two songs, while I sadly comb through the world wide web to find a version worthy of putting on my iPod. I hope the duet comes out on CD. :( Hoping, hoping....maybe it'll be on Niki's next CD...

No comments: