Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Christian the Hugging Lion

OMG, watching this video made me want to weep like a baby, but my heart swelled at the same time. I am such an animal lover that seeing a wild animal recognizing his former masters and giving them such loving hugs really touched me in that weird, maternal way (and, no, I have no children so I really couldn't relate!). Anyhow, if you haven't already seen this video, check out the whole story from the "Today Show. " It's so sweet!!!



Below are some "home photos" of the lion while he was living with his human family before he outgrew them. So cute!!!


In addition, this lion cub made such an impression that he inspired a wildlife preservation called the George Adamson Trust. Learn more and support their conservation efforts here.

Source

No comments: