Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hayden wants to sing for you


"Heroes" star Hayden Panettiere is trying to break out of the small screen and become a singer. In a cross-promotion with Candie's for Kohl's, which she has been a spokesperson for some time now, in her latest TV ad, she debuts a snippet of her first single, "Wake Up Call."



The song isn't bad, although it has a mostly reggae vibe to it, which doesn't strike me as her style, per se. I can't say that her voice is spectacular, either, but at least she's actually singing on-key, so I guess that's a good sign. (I know, we have low expectations for today's pop stars/wannabes, don't we?) Hayden is one of those young celebs who isn't too tarty or too clean, so she's in an interesting gray area that allows her to explore many avenues of creativity. I would say that she shouldn't give up her day job, but the song, which can be heard in its entirety here, does grow on you after awhile.

In addition, she also did a series of print ads which will run in magazines. Notice the music theme throughout the campaign...?


Click below to see behind-the-scenes of her filming the ad.





Trust me, I can sing!

I'm definitely the wrong target demographic for this campaign, so while I'm not holding my breath for any of these fashions, or her CD, I can't wait til "Heroes" returns! :D

No comments: